Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Empty
PostSubject: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:32 pm

Post your comments about the Mock Draft Game II.

Last edited by The Referee on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Miami is trying to trade down the #1 overall pick....send me a message if you are interested in possibly making a trade for the #1 overall pick. Miami is considering many options to take at #1 overall and haven't made a decision yet as to who they will be picking if stuck with the pick.

I will probably try sending out some messages to a few team who I think might be interested in trading up for the #1 overall pick.

I hear that Miami is really high on Matt Ryan (had a really good proday workout), Chris Long, Jake Long and Sedrick Ellis (has passed Dorsey as best DT in draft because of Dorsey's injury issues) as possible #1 overall picks.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:01 am

Atlanta = 3rd pick
Chiefs = 5th pick
Cowboys = 22, 28th pick

These three teams of mine are interested in moving their pick in the mock draft. Let me know if you are interested in making a trade.
Also, this time if there is a big trade possibility, I will try setting up a time to maybe log onto our chatbox (bottom of the homepage), as that should be easier than sending PM's and waiting for responses.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 am

St. Louis (#2 overall) and New England (#7) overall are interested in moving down in the draft.

Any interest?
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:27 am

Trading Block:

BAL - WR Mark Clayton
DET - WR Roy Williams
TB - WR Michael Clayton
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:29 pm

My trade block:
Miami: Matt Roth DE, Jason Taylor DE/OLB, Channing Crowder LB
Bengals: Chad Johnson WR,
Saints:
Chargers:
Raiders: Dominic Rhodes RB, LaMonte Jordan RB, Fabian Wahington CB
Jaguars:
Jets: Jericho Cotchery WR
Seahawks: Shaun Alexander RB

more coming soon!
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:45 pm

The Houston Texans are without a 2nd round pick and desperately wants to gain a 2nd rounder whether it be trading a player or trading down in the 1st round. If there is any interest in Houston players or 1st round pick let me know.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Since Miami hasn't been able to complete a trade for the #1 Overall Pick, and the trade talks have slowed down, they have brought in QB Matt Ryan, DE/OLB Chris Long, and OT Jake Long and started contract talks between all three. Miami is looking to sign the player before the begining of the draft (monday) but are still listening to trade offers. If you are still interested in aquiring the #1 overall pick then send me a PM ASAP because they will select someone tonight.
Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* P1_long_chrisMock Draft Game *Discussion II* JakeLongMock Draft Game *Discussion II* MattRyan_001
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

The Rams are actively shopping their #2 overall pick. KC and STL are close to a deal.

The Patriots are also looking to trade down from their 7th overall pick and so far, only MIN has shown interest (although I'm not sure if there is still interest from them). If there is any more interest let me know. NE will not make a trade final until they are on the clock and will entertain all offers.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 pm

KC entertained a deal with St. Louis for quite a while and they were considering drafting Jake Long there, however a trade from Cincinnati was sent to KC just in time before KC accepted St. Louis's offer. KC jumped on the offer, moving them down to the 9 spot, picking up another 2nd rounder, and swapping thirds. Atlanta was also pleased to move down in the first round. They moved down only five spots in the first round and was able to get another 2nd rounder, another forth rounder, and Kyle Boller. Boller will compete with Harrington for the starting spot, and this now gives Atlanta FOUR second round picks!!! Picking up Michael Turner in FA gives Atlanta many options at the number 8 spot, and THEY ARE NOT AGAINST THE IDEA OF TRADING THE PICK AWAY!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Question:
What is everyone's thoughts on being allowed to trading future (2009) picks?
Just wondering before we get too deep into this draft.
wave
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:13 pm

Line Judge wrote:
Question:
What is everyone's thoughts on being allowed to trading future (2009) picks?
Just wondering before we get too deep into this draft.
wave
i think we should be able to do it
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 12:23 am

I think we should be able to do it too.

Detroit is still actively shopping WR Roy Williams so if there is any interest let me know. If there is no interest before Detroit picks in the first round (#15) they will probably pull him off the market. Detroit is looking to gain picks if Williams is dealt.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:01 pm

The Lions have 2 really good offers in hand at the moment for WR Roy Williams. Depending on how the trade of Williams works out, DET may look to trade down in round 1.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Trade!!!
Jags get:Roy Williams WR, 3rd round (#89)pick
Lions get:1st (#26), 5th (#150), Paul Spicer DE

Last edited by The Referee on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:16 pm

I don't know if the Jags offer was any "better" than the other offers I had but the extra 1st gives DET a lot of options so I went with it.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Trade!!!
HOU gets:1 (#25), 2 (#55), 3 (#86)
SEA gets:1 (#18 ), 3 (#79), 4 (#114), 5 (#142), 7 (#205)
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Houston was desperate for a 2nd round pick and gave up their 4-7 picks (did not have a 6th) and swapped 1st and 3rds to get one. Houston is not far from being a legit playoff contender but still needs to get some top talent and Houston felt having only 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds would be better than having a total of 5 picks with only 2 in the 1st 3 rounds. This will allow Houston to get some good talent and can help them build their team into a legit contender.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Chargers are looking to trade down out of the first round and pile up some picks any takers?
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Atlanta may want to move up, I will be back on later to make my pick as Minn.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 am

I am kind of glad Minnesota took Malcolm Kelly before i could select him with Seattle, because scouts are saying he is having Knee problems and its gonna hurt his draft stcok. I think he is a good WR but now he has alot of risk to him especially since knees are important for a WR.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Funny how after Seattle doesn't get to draft him you say that he's dropping because of knee problems. What was that clause you wanted to put in that trade with Atzinger, something about if Kelly's gone the trade would be off?
I call this sour apples! lol
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:38 pm

Line Judge wrote:
Funny how after Seattle doesn't get to draft him you say that he's dropping because of knee problems. What was that clause you wanted to put in that trade with Atzinger, something about if Kelly's gone the trade would be off?
I call this sour apples! lol

actually i was going to pick him but thats before i heard about all the knee problems. seattle already has enough injury problems with there WR and need a healthy one. knee problems can be very serious in the NFL. I would have liked him if he was healthy cuz he is a beast WR but not there is a reason everyone has him dropping. he hasnt worked out since the season, no combine, no proday. Im just afraid it is pretty serious and he doesnt want to hurt his stock. I actually like James Hardy as the #1 WR in the draft. He has good spped for his size and is very productive. Swwed isnt far behind kelly in talent but he is healthy. so i think id rather have him over a kelly with knee problems. even if i had selected kelly i would be kind of mad i did.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:50 pm

wow Line judge you talking good about a dolphin player, zach thomas being one of the greatest LB ever. wow. he is though and was BP only mistake this offseason.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 1:23 am

actually reggie smith is thris birds with 1 stong, CB/S/KR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*   Mock Draft Game *Discussion II* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mock Draft Game *Discussion II*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next