Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Team Anaylsis

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm

So, just an idea. Analyze your team's projected starters and notable backups.

QB-Jay Cutler-Statistically he is one of the better QB's in the league. Has a great supporting cast, and a great connection with TE Scheffler and WR Marshall that should do him good in the future. A great leader in the making.
QB-Patrick Ramsey-Decent QB, great backup. One time starter in WAS.

RB-Selvin Young
RB-Travis Henry
RB-Andre Hall
RB-Ryan Torian

A starting running back in Denver changes every week, so I listed the three main backs. Henry Started off great last year, but declined towards the end of the year. Has great potential and was a probowler not to long ago. Selvin Young is a great third down back, but nothing more. Doesn't have the size to be an everydown back, but a solid number two guy or a weapon in a two backfield set. Hall is someone more people don't know, but he could be a star in the future. Has size and speed, but injury concerns. Now Torian, I'm in love with. Torian will be a star someday. Before his injury, he was leading the Pac-10 in rushing yards. Fits Denver's system greatly.

FB-Cecil Sapp- A decent fullback, but not the best blocker. Not the prototypical FB
FB-Patrick Hillis-A great pickup in the 7th round. He will be the starter sooner rather than later. Great blocker, good hands.

WR-Brandon Marshall-The obvious number one, has great size and speed. Picture TO, without that attitude. Keep away from McDonalds bags though lol
WR-Darrell Jackson-He's looking like the number 2 right now. Was great in Seattle, but didn't so much with the 49'ers
WR-Brandon Stokley-Is a great slot receiver, but was the number 2 last year because of Walker's injury. Played great last year, should be better back in the slot.
WR-Keary Colbert-Was a stud in college, didn't translate too well to the NFL though. Has good speed, hopefully he can revamp his career in Denver
WR-Eddie Royal-Dont know where he fits on the receiver depth chart, but def. the new KR/PR. Denver has been bad at that the last few seasons. Great speed, very strong receiver, but has size issues. has the skills to become a solid number 2 in the future. I love the pick. Reminds me of Steve Smith, but with the strength of Hines Ward

TE-Daniel Grahm-Great blocker, not a great reciever
TE-Tony Scheffler-Great receiver, not a great blocker. Cutler's number one target.

LT-Ryan Clady-Shanahan has already named him the starter lol. Comes from a very similar offense to the new one he will be playing in. Great size, very athletic and long arms. The safest pick after Chris Williams was revealed to have previous neck injuries.
LT-Erik Pears-Started most of last year, not that good OT.
LG-Ben Hamilton-5 year starter, plays Center also when Nalen is hurt
LG2-Ryan Harris-Second round draft pick from a year ago, didn't get to play much last year because of LT Matt Lepsis being amazing
C-Tom Nalen-The last member of the superbowl team, One of the best C in the game
C/RG-Casey Weigman-Starter for KC for the last few years. I don't know much about him really, but he started when Priest Holmes was the RB
so he must be decent. Might be considered for RG spot
RG-Montrae Holland-Started every game last year in his first year with Denver
RG-Kory Lichtensteiger-C in college, but thats in the spread. WIll most likely start as a G, then move to Center when Nalen retires.
*RT-Chris Kuper-Plays them all, plays them all pretty well. Mostly a guard and center, so he is the backup because Hamilton and Nalen are pretty good. Looks like he could become the starting tackle.

DE-Elvis Dumervil-Most consider him the best Past Rusher in the league, but he isn't that good against the run.
DE-John Engelberger-Hardest working played I've ever seen, but not the best. Good run stopper
DE-Jarvis Moss-Hurt most of last year as a rookie, but he should be a good player. Was a great player at Florida
DE-Ebenezer Ekuban-Played very well for Denver two years ago, but missed most of last year.
DE-Tim Crowder-Good run stopper, but better suited for DT

DT-Marcus Thomas-Had a good rookie year, but could still improve. Good potential
DT-Alvin McKinly-A decent starter, but his age is showing.
DT-Dewayne Robertson-Great trade IMO. If he makes the team, Denver ships a pick. If he doesnt, Denver loses nothing. He has great potential, but an knew injury has derailed him. Very good talent, but doesn't fit the jets new system, much like Vilma didn't. Will start with Thomas on day 1
DT-Carlton Powell-Good draft pick, great technique

LOLB-D.J. Williams-Finally at his natural position. Had over 100 tackles last year in his first year at MLB, but is now back to the weakside. Amazingly athletic, great run stopper.
LOLB-Wesley Woodyard-Undrafter FA, projected 3-4th rounder.
MLB-Niko Koutouvides-Started in Sea before Tatupu was drafted. Tatupa was drafted as the best player available, so it wasn't because Niko was bad. I doubt he will be the starter on day one, I expect a rookie to start. But a solid special teamer and a decent starter
MLB-Spencer Larsen-Born leader, head hunter.
ROLB-Boss Bailey-Im really excited about him. Champs younger brother, but just as athletic. His combine was just about amazing, 4.35 40 I think. For an OLB. Thats amazing. Injury's have derailed him a little, but hopefully playing with is bro will make him even better.
ROLB-Nate Webster-Did pretty good in Denver last year.

CB-Champ Bailey-No description needed, he is the shut down corner. Amazing.
CB-Dre' Bly-Had a good year last year in a weird defense. New D this year, new Dre' Bly. He should return to his pro bowl status this year
CB-Dominique Foxworth-A great nickel back, one of the better ones in the league
CB-Karl Paymah-Just as good as foxworth
CB-Jack WIlliams-Great size for a CB

FS-John Lynch- Once a great SS, now on the decline. He is great against the run, but a liability against the pass. Still a great player though, and a leader.
FS-Josh Barrett-One time projected as a day 1 player, had some injurys though. great player.
SS-Marlon Mcree-Good against the run, hard hitter. Good FA pickup.
S2-Hamza Abduallah-played good at FS, not so good at SS. Still, a good backup though.

Depth Chart-*=rookie, #=New player

SS-#M. Mcree,*J. Barrett
FS-J. Lynch, H. Abdullah
CB2-D. Bly, K. Paymah
CB1-C. Bailey, D. Foxworth, *J. WIlliams
ROLB-#B. Bailey, N. Webster
MLB-#N. Koutevides, *S. Larsen
LOLB-D. Williams, *W. Woodyard
RE-J. Moss, E. Dumervil
DT-#D. Robertson, A. McKinley
DT-M. Thomas, *C. Powell
LE-T. Crowder, E. Ekuban

LT-*R. Clady, E. Pears
LG-B. Hamilton, R. Harris
C-T. Nalen, #C Weigman
RG-M. Holland, *K. Lichtensteiger
RT-C. Kuper, *T. Polumbus
TE-D. Grahm, T. Scheffler
WR1-B. Marhall, B. Stokley, *E. Royal
WR2-#D. Jackson, #K. Colbert
QB-J. Cutler, P. Ramsey
FB-* P. Hillis, C. Sapp
RB-T. Henry, *R. Torian, S. Young, A. Hall
K-*Garrett Hartly
P-*Brett Kern

I really excited for this year. Denver had one of the best drafts its had in years, and the D looks good to me. Some of you may notice that I have Elvis Dumervil as a backup, but I think he will br brought in in passing situations unless he has a good offseason. Great with the pass, struggles with the Run. In that case, he would go in at RE, Crowder would replace Robertson at DT, and Ekuban at LE.

Last edited by Davis7907 on Thu May 01, 2008 3:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:58 pm

If Denvers O-Line can play well, that offense has the makings of being a top 10 offense IMO. Cutler is a good young QB, I really like the tandem of Young and Henry, and that WR corps is looking good with Marshall as the #1, Jackson is a decent #2, Stokley is one of the best slot WRs and Colbert as the #4 is really good.

The Defense needs to step it up, but the D-Line should be able to rush the passer. The LBs are average, but the CBs are really good. I also like Denvers Safetys but they need to find Lynch's replacement real soon. They should be a playoff contender this year and could be one of the surprise teams this year like Cleveland last year.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:50 pm

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Well we will start with the offense.

QB: John Beck, Josh McCown
RB: Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Lorenzo Booker, Samkon Gado
FB: Reagan Muaia
WR: Ted Ginn Jr., Ernest Wilford, Derek Hagan, Greg Camarillo
TE: David Martin, Justin Peelle, Sean Ryan
OT: Jake Long, Vernon Carey
OG: Justin Smiley, Drew Mormino, Ikechuku Ndukwe
C: Samson Satele, Drew Mormino

Our offense outlook:
I think John Beck is going to be the starter at QB. We still havent seen enough of him to have an opinion. Most of what you saw of him last year should be disreguarded beacuse of he had NO talent around him when he played. EVERYONE was already hurt or traded by the time he got to play. The O-line was devistated with injuries and Brown was gone to take the pressure off of him.

I think our running game is going to be awesome next season. We hired Dan Henning for Offensive Coordinator (a RUN HAPPY coach) and we drafted Jake Long #1 Overall, who is a GREAT run blocker, will help out Brown and Beck. The line is almost set for years to come once we get a good LG unless they feel Drew Mormino can play LG. He played guard last year as a rookie until he got hurt and did a good job. RT with Carey, his favorite and best position, could be dominating. Remember Ronnie Brown was the leading rusher and a sure pro bowl back until he tore his ACL, and that was behind our OLD offensive line.

I think we need to add another WR and a TE which i look for them to get bot of them in the draft. I think Miami's offense could be good this year. Having Ted Ginn Jr. speed to stretch the field and Wilford and Hagan's redzone catching ability with Camarillo (compares to Welker) fast and shiftness. You add one more WR like Hardy or Nelson in the draft and look out for miami to have a good offense.

Now for Defense:

DE Randy Starks, Vonnie Holliday, Matt Roth
NT Jason Ferguson, Paul Soliai
OLB Joey Porter, Jason Taylor
ILB Channing Crowder, Reggie Torbor

CB Will Allen, Michael Lehan, Travis Daniels
S Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell

Miami needs a little help in the CB position but i think they use a 2nd rounder on CB and Will Allen was one of the top 10 CB's last year. Jason Allen is gonna stay at FS which he was starting to play REALLY good at the end of last year after being move from S to CB to S all year long because pf injuries. Yeremiah Bell is a GOOD SS when healthy but tour his achilles tendon last season but should make a full recovery by training camp. Joey Porter should thrive at WOLB (just like waht he played in PITT). I look to get a replacement for Jason Taylor in this draft and a ILB, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd.

With my mock draft miami could be good this year. here is my mock:

1 Jake Long, OT Michigan
2 Tracy Porter, CB Indiana OR Antoine Cason CB Arizona
2 Curtis Lofton, ILB Oklahoma
TRADE 3rd (#1) DOWN TO MID-3rd round and get a 5th rounder
3 Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State
4 John Carlson TE Notre Dame
5 Chad Rinehart, OG Northern Iowa
6 Adrian Arrington, WR Michigan
6 KEvin O'Connell, QB San Diego State
7 Jason Shirley, NT Fresno State
7 Jack Ikegwuonu CB Wisconsin
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:57 pm

CLEVELAND BROWNS

QB

Anderson - Needs to improve on accuracy and decision making, but is a legit starter in the NFL

Quinn - TONS of potential and could be inserted in as the starter if Anderson struggles

RB

Lewis - Had he not missed 2 games last year, he probably would have led the NFL in rushing yards. Still is a great RB and will be in the top 10 in rushing yards this season.

FB

Vickers - can run with the ball and catch the ball, but he is a GREAT blocker and is always putting defensive players on the ground.

WR

Edwards - GREAT WR and is becoming one of the best in the NFL. Still needs to work on his hands and concentration some, but is well on his way to being a perrenial pro bowler

Stallworth - Great #2 WR and deep ball threat which should work well with DA. Will take some pressure off of Winslow and Edwards. I expect around 800 yards receiving this season.

Jurevicius - Said this will be his last season but is quite possibly the best #3 WR in the NFL and is unstopable on 3rd downs. Great size, better hands and will be even more dangerous as the #3 WR.

Cribbs - Could be more involved in the offense this season. If he gets the ball in the open field, its 6 points. Plus he's the best KICK returner in the NFL and is still learning to return punts and is getting much better at. He should push Hester as the best return man in the NFL.

TE

Winslow - best player on the browns and IMO is the best TE in the NFL. He may have the best hands in the whole NFL, including WRs. There is no LB or S in the NFL who can cover him man-to-man, especially with Edwards and Stallworth also on the field. Should have another 1000 yd receiving season.

Heiden - Doesn't get used often, but has great hands and could start at TE for a lot of teams. Good blocker as well.

T

LT - Joe Thomas- Best Young LT in the NFL and will be a perrnial pro bowler.
RT - Kevin Shaffer- Average - Above Agerage starter, but improved his play at RT (previously a LT) as the season went on.

G

LG- Eric Steinbach- with Thomas next to him, this is probably a top 3-5 left side of the offensive line in the NFL, bare minimum
RG- Ryan Tucker - Was a RT until Seth Mckinney got hurt, and played even better at G. Hopefully will stay at RG, but if he is moved back to T he will start over shaffer

C

Fraley - Captain of the team and is a hard worker. Not the best C in the league, but he is always playin hard

OFFENSE: Easily a top 10 offense talent-wise and was the 8th ranked offense last season. Edwards and Winslow should have 1000 yard seasons, Stallworth around 800 yards, Jurevicius around 400 yards, and Jamal Lewis should have over 1200 yards next season.

DE

Corey Williams - 7 sacks last season in Green Bay. Will have to transition into the 3-4 defense, but should open up space for the LBs to make plays and make a few of his own as well.

Robaire Smith - The best D-Lineman the Browns had last year, and should only be better with a season in the 3-4 along with the additions of Williams and Rogers.

NT

Shaun Rogers - should be motivated to play now that he is with a playoff contender. Unstopable when he wants to be and should be in Cleveland also.

Shaun Smith - will rotate at NT and DE probably and is a good D-Lineman. Played much better toward the end of the season when he started playing at NT. Played DE because of injury but was signed a year ago to play NT.

OLB

Wimbley - with the additon of Rogers and Williams, Wimbley should be able to make plays this season and have another double digit sack season. One of the best young pass rushers in the NFL. Needs another pass rusher opposite him to take the focus off of him.

Antwan Peek - hurt last year, but is a marginal starter at best. Willie McGinest will probably rotate with him quite often, with Peek playing in pass rushing situations.

ILB

Andra Davis - Should benefit from the new D-line players, but has struggled a bit in the 3-4 defense. Free Agent at the end of the year and will probably lose more playing time to Leon Williams

D'Qwell Jackson - Best Tackler on the Browns defense and is probably the best LB on the Browns. He can make plays.

Leon Williams - Very athletic, and will rotate in with Jackson and Davis at ILB

CB

Eric Wright - Played great last year and is a shoe-in as a starter this season. May have played the best of all rookie CBs last year. Shut down Randy Moss last season holding him to 3 catches

Brandon McDonald - Didn't play until late last season, but was very impressive and showed tons of promise and potential. Shut down Andre Johnson last season and should start this season

Daven Holly - Could start over McDonald because of experience but is best served as a nickle corner. Played great 2 years ago stepping in for Bodden (traded to DET) but wasn't used as much last season. Average CB.

S

Sean Jones - One of the best young S in the NFL. If the Browns can get a pass rush, his play should improve. Statistically, Jones has played as well as Polamalu from Pittsburgh and should push him for his pro Bowl spot.

Brodney Pool - Young S and struggled last season. Very athletic and can hit hard, but needs to improve in pass coverage.

Gary Baxter - Coming off of 2 blown knees but if he can come back and play well he could push Pool for his starting spot. Best served to play S, especially after blowing out 2 knees on the same play against Denver 2 years ago.

Defense: The talent is getting better, but OLB and CB are the biggest concerns on defense. Should be much better this season but is still a season or 2 from being a top 10 defense IMO.

Browns have a tough schedule this year, and could go 9-7 or they could win even more. Anywhere from 9-12 wins is possible depending on how Anderson plays and how well the Defense plays.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:20 pm

i think the browns do need to get cribbs more involved. he could be a big threat if givin the ball in spot. i think he is kinda like ted ginn. might be a little more shifty but if ginn gets the ball in space he is gone. ginn is a better wr in the sence he could be a #1 eventually or a #2 and cribbs is only a situational player. but none the less they should get him involved more. MAYBE have DA punt the ball to him instead of throwing it to him. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 3:37 am

I added a depth chart to my first post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Team Anaylsis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Team Anaylsis   Your Team Anaylsis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Team Anaylsis
Page 1 of 1