Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9th team in the Big East?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

9th team in the Big East? Empty
PostSubject: 9th team in the Big East?   9th team in the Big East? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Click for Link

possibilities according to the article:

UCF
Memphis
ECU
Notre Dame

The league commisioner said, according to the article, that the Big East isn't actively seeking an expansion team but if Notre Dame decided to make an effort to join he would take the phone call.

I think it would make sense for them to add a 9th team because as it is some teams only get 3 conference home games while some others will get 4. I would like to see this happen as long as the expansion teams is somewhat BCS worthy.

Overall, Notre Dame makes the most sense (although it will probably not happen for a LONG time, if ever, but I'd rather see them join the Big 10.) because they already play basketball and other sports in the Big East conference and Notre Dame could make that conference stronger (assuming they improve).

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: 9th team in the Big East?   9th team in the Big East? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 3:23 am

Notre Dame should join, they are in the Big East in every other sport yet not football for some reason. I don't get it. I say they either need to get all the way in or all the way out. Also, this would be good for the Big East, adding a big name team with a lot of history will help build their "street cred". Maybe then they'll get a little more respect, which they deserve IMO.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: 9th team in the Big East?   9th team in the Big East? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:13 pm

I don't think the Big East deserves much respect. . . yet. Outside of West Virginia, I don't think there is a team in the conference that could compete nationally and we may see west virginia slip a little with Rodriguez going to Michigan. Cincinnatti is on the way up along with UConn and USF but after that it's not that good unless Louisville can keep up its offense and find a defense.

It's an up-and-coming conference but it's still not very good right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9th team in the Big East?   9th team in the Big East? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9th team in the Big East?
Page 1 of 1