Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Empty
PostSubject: Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season   Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 pm

Champ Bailey wants to bring up the subject. He also wants to play it as cool as he can.

But the Broncos cornerback can't lie. He is eager to know what John Lynch, his close friend and teammate, is going to do this year.

"I haven't bugged him yet about it," Bailey said Tuesday. "I want to, and I will, but I'm just waiting to ask him about it."

And the wait continues. Tuesday was the first day of practices for the Pro Bowl and Lynch, a Broncos safety, remained noncommittal about his future in the NFL.

While still deliberating his future, Lynch said he had no thoughts during the AFC team's practice for Sunday's game that this might be his last week on a football field.

"This is fun," said Lynch, who was named to his ninth Pro Bowl two weeks ago as an alternate. "That's all this is. I'm just not thinking about it right now."

Lynch, 36, said one holdup in making his decision has been his inability to spend time with Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan was out of the office in recent weeks, but the Broncos' coaching staff is back at Dove Valley headquarters preparing for free agency.

Lynch expects to speak to Shanahan when he returns from Hawaii next week.

Lynch did some work for Fox at the Super Bowl and could go into broadcasting when he retires. "You know where I stand," Bailey said. "I want him back."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8178928
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season   Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:43 pm

They did have an awesome pass D last year. Lynch is definitely a beast, but is definitely getting up there in age. (37 is a tinsy bit old :shock: ) Kenny Philips would be a good pick up for them even if they do keep Lynch. (see Ref's mock lol). I would like to see Lynch take one more shot at it, always liked the respectable, yet hard-hitting types like Lynch.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season   Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:47 pm

I like Lynch but I think if I was him I would retire because I'm not sure how good Denver will be. They could either be a real contender or an average team.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season   Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm

I think Denver will be a contender next year. With a few additions on the D, and maybe a WR to play opposite of Marshall (assuming J. Walker is traded) they could be something to worry about. Especially considering Cutler is showing signs of improvement, and is only going to get better. I say Denver's chances should be good enough to motivate Lynch to stick it out one more season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season   Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champ Bailey Wants Lynch To Return Next Season
Page 1 of 1