Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Empty
PostSubject: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:10 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2012782

Orlando Pace, OT Rams, could be traded to Houston
Trade involves the Houston 1st rounder (#13)

if i was the Rams i would definately do it. Pace cant finish a whole season without being hurt and he is in his late 20's or early 30's.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:31 pm

I would too and Houston would be dumb to do this trade. The Texans O-Line isn't great, but it's not terrible either and they have no need for a LT who will probably retire after next year. The Texans don't have a 2nd rounder already (Matt Schaub trade) and can't afford to give up a first rounder for a guy who is almost finished with his career. BTW, the Texans first round pick should be #18 and not #13. I don't think this trade will happen but it would make it easier for the Rams to take Jake Long with the #2 overall pick if Miami doesn't take him.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

well the only reason i put in the #13 overall was because that was what the article said...i thought the exact same thing though
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 pm

I figured it was from the article, but that makes the article look very uncredible, lol. I just can't see this trade happening. It sounds to me like someone was bored and thought - "hey, the Texans haven't had an O-Line since they've been around and St. Louis will probably draft Jake Long, so maybe the Rams can trade Pace to the Texans for their first round pick!"
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:21 am

i really dont see jake long going to them in the first. i think they are really high on chris long and/or ellis. i think they will upgrade there d-line in the 1st. i think they will draft one of the two depending on if the want to move carriker to DE or not
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:52 am

Yeah, but I think there's a very good chance that Jake Long goes to them. Their biggest need as a DE that can rush the passer, but they also need a lot of help on the O-Line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace   Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rams-Texans trade Rumor-For O. Pace
Page 1 of 1