Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Back Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Back Judge

Number of posts : 55
Favorite Teams : Cincinnati Bearcats, Cleveland Browns
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Empty
PostSubject: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:45 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3266794

Quote :
With the deadline to tender restricted free agents looming, the Cleveland Browns are continuing their efforts to secure quarterback Derek Anderson with a contact extension.

The Browns' latest offer is a three-year deal worth $20 million, with $10 million guaranteed, according to the Columbus Dispatch. There are indications that an agreement could be struck Wednesday or early Thursday, according to reports in both the Dispatch and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Anderson is scheduled to become a restricted free agent on Friday, and he can either accept the Browns' offer, or take a one-year tender worth $2.52 million. With the tender, the Browns would be able to match any other team's offer to Anderson, or receive first- and third-round draft picks if he ends up with another team.

Anderson, 24, who won 10 games and threw for 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns in his first season as a starter, began the 2007 season as the backup to Charlie Frye . He ended up taking over and was a Pro Bowl alternate.

Anderson reportedly received an earlier offer from the Browns for three years and $16 million, with $11 million guaranteed, according to the Dispatch, but he turned it down. However, Anderson has to weigh the cons as well -- he would be leaving as much as $17 million on the table if he doesn't accept the Browns' latest offer.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com/
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:13 pm

That's pretty good money for him to get, especially considering all the interceptions he throws. (I know, i know, he throws a lot of TD's too). I wouldn't think he would be interested in a very long term deal, he has to know Quinn's day is coming eventually.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:53 pm

That would be the max I would offer him, because I truly believe Quinn will turn out better than Anderson anyway. I think he better take it unless he wants to go elsewhere next season.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Phil Savage is reported as saying, "If Anderson declines the contract offer, then it's unlikely that he will be on our team next season."
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:59 pm

I like Anderson a lot, but he very over rated. He is a great QB and should be a starter in the league, byt he has way to much hype.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Davis7907 wrote:
I like Anderson a lot, but he very over rated. He is a great QB and should be a starter in the league, byt he has way to much hype.
I agree, he would be stupid not to take the deal but if he wants to be a franchise QB (he isn't IMO) then he wont resign with the Browns cuz they have Quinn as there Franchise QB and he knows it.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million   Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million
Page 1 of 1