Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Empty
PostSubject: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:56 pm

BIG Three-way trade right before the trade deadline.

Cavs Get: Ben Wallace (Bulls), Wally Szczerbiak (Sonics), Delonte West (Sonics), Joe Smith (Chi) and a future second-round pick from the Bulls.
Bulls Get: Drew Gooden (Cavs), Larry Hughes (Cavs), Cedric Simmons (Cavs) and Shannon Brown (Cavs).
Sonics get: Ira Newble (Cavs), Adrian Griffin (Chi), Donyell Marshall (Cavs).
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3257159
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:48 pm

I think it's a GREAT trade for the Cavs. They add Wallace, although has been a disappointment in Chicago, who can be dominant of defense and rebounding, they add Szcerbiak, a terrific 3 point shooter, West, a PG who can play defense and is also a pretty good scorer as well as Joe Smith, a big man to come off the bench. Those players come in along with Varejao, Pavlovic, and Boobie Gibson, Illgauskus, and OF COURSE LeBron James. That is a pretty good 9 man rotation and I'm sure there are a player or 2 that will contribute off the bench as well.

As a Celtics fan, I can say that Delonte West will be a good PG for the Cavs because he can play decent D and can score and shoot 3's. He is a shooting PG as opposed to a distributing PG, but that is probably better for the Cavs because it will leave the ball in LeBrons hands on Offense.

IMO, this trade makes the Cavs a legitimate #3 team in the East with Boston and Detroit and one of those 3 teams will be in the Finals from the East (I'll be happy if its Boston or Cleveland).
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 3:35 pm

I think it is a good trade for the cav's as well as the bulls
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Yeah I think the Bulls made a good deal as well. The Sonics too as a matter of fact although for different reasons. The Sonics made themselves worse (they're are bad already) but they gain expiring contracts to free up cap space and they will also have a lottery pick.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:13 pm

I saw Hughes and Gooden's first game as Bulls, and I gotta say they looked pretty good. Hughes was banging about every shot he took and Gooden was very energetic on the court. Glad to see the Cavs win their first game with their new group by 20 pts. Looks like this trade was great for both teams. Joe Smith looks like he is going to be a surprise! Wally is probably the best passer we've had in quite a while as well. I'm not sure what I think of Delonte West yet, only time will tell I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!   CAV's MAKE TRADE!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAV's MAKE TRADE!!!
Page 1 of 1