Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Empty
PostSubject: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Terrell Suggs, DE Ravens-has been franchised
Nnamdi Asomugha, CB Raiders
Jared Allen, DE Chiefs-has been franchised
Karlos Dansby, LB Cardinals-has been franchised
Albert Haynesworth, DT Titans
Randy Moss, WR Patriots
Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Jordan Gross, OT Panthers
Bernard Berrian, WR Bears

Quote :
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens will place the franchise tag on prospective free agent DE Terrell Suggs.
Schefter also says that Nnamdi Asomugha will get the tag from the Raiders, which is hardly a surprise. Others who could be franchise tendered as early as today: Chiefs DE Jared Allen, Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby, and Titans DT Albert Haynesworth. Other possibilities closer to the Feb. 21 deadline: Randy Moss, Dallas Clark, Jordan Gross, and Bernard Berrian.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112273

Last edited by on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Derek Anderson maybe?

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Eagles TE L.J. Smith has been tagged. He will make $4.522 million.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm

Davis7907 wrote:
Derek Anderson maybe?

No. DA is a Restricted Free Agent so he will either be signed long term, which isn't too likely IMO, or he will be tendered for a one year deal.

I think Baltimore is making a mistake by franchising Suggs because IIRC, they are in a terrible cap situation and would be best off letting him walk (plus then he could sign with Cleveland! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:34 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Davis7907 wrote:
Derek Anderson maybe?

No. DA is a Restricted Free Agent so he will either be signed long term, which isn't too likely IMO, or he will be tendered for a one year deal.

I think Baltimore is making a mistake by franchising Suggs because IIRC, they are in a terrible cap situation and would be best off letting him walk (plus then he could sign with Cleveland! Very Happy )

I think they offered him a 3 year deal for him. i think he will be there next year.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Yeah, they offered DA a 3 year deal but I read that DA wants closer to a 5 year deal worth somwhere around Schaub and Romo's contracts from last year. I don't see Cleveland offering him that much so i expect them to tender him and keep him one more year and then decide to go with either Quinn or Anderson. If another team offered him a contract then that opens up other options.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:42 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Yeah, they offered DA a 3 year deal but I read that DA wants closer to a 5 year deal worth somwhere around Schaub and Romo's contracts from last year. I don't see Cleveland offering him that much so i expect them to tender him and keep him one more year and then decide to go with either Quinn or Anderson. If another team offered him a contract then that opens up other options.
I guarantee NO ONE will give Anderson money like Romo. I think he will end up signing a 3 year, one a little bigger than what Cleveland had already offered to him.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:08 pm

I think Anderson will be either a Falcon or a Panther next year. I hear Baltimore is in cap troubles right now, so I dont know who probable it is for them to give Suggs the tag. Might have to let him go.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Line Judge wrote:
I think Anderson will be either a Falcon or a Panther next year. I hear Baltimore is in cap troubles right now, so I dont know who probable it is for them to give Suggs the tag. Might have to let him go.
I don't see him in any other uniform than a Cleveland one, honestly. I see Atlanta drafting a QB, probably Matt Ryan. I think the new coach will want to draft his own QB. Then in Carolina, I see them sticking with Jake Delhome this year, and maybe drafting a QB, but David Carr will be gone and Testiverde too. So that leave Matt Moore (2007 draft) and Jake Delhome, and i see them getting either a guy through the draft or a veteran backup. Jake Delhome will be the starter if he is healthy, and I don't see them bringing in Anderson and paying starter money to both of them, do you? I just dont see a team that will be willing to give up a draft pick for Anderson.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 3:53 pm

The Referee wrote:
Line Judge wrote:
I don't see him in any other uniform than a Cleveland one, honestly. I see Atlanta drafting a QB, probably Matt Ryan. I think the new coach will want to draft his own QB. Then in Carolina, I see them sticking with Jake Delhome this year, and maybe drafting a QB, but David Carr will be gone and Testiverde too. So that leave Matt Moore (2007 draft) and Jake Delhome, and i see them getting either a guy through the draft or a veteran backup. Jake Delhome will be the starter if he is healthy, and I don't see them bringing in Anderson and paying starter money to both of them, do you? I just dont see a team that will be willing to give up a draft pick for Anderson.

I completely agree. I think Anderson remains in Cleveland this year and he and Quinn battle it out in pre-season. If DA wins out and is the starter and has another sucessful season, then a long-term deal is a possiblitly but not right now IMO. Cleveland would be crazy to sign him long term for a lot of money right now after only one year. Yes he went to the Pro Bowl, but he wasn't as good later in the year and that concerns me to a degree. IMO, DA will be gone after NEXT season somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Saw on ESPN, Jordan Gross will be franchise tagged unless he signs to a new deal.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:06 pm

There is a bit of controversy over the franchise tag being placed on Terrell Suggs. They franchised him as a LB, but Suggs claims that he played the majority of plays at DE so he should be tagged accordingly.

Click Here for Link

If the NFL allows him to challenge the tag and does get franchised as a DE he will earn an extra $814,000.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:08 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
There is a bit of controversy over the franchise tag being placed on Terrell Suggs. They franchised him as a LB, but Suggs claims that he played the majority of plays at DE so he should be tagged accordingly.

Click Here for Link

If the NFL allows him to challenge the tag and does get franchised as a DE he will earn an extra $814,000.

The only reason he says he is a DE is because of the $$$ that comes with being a Franchied DE compared to a Frachised OLB. I doubt he will be frachised as a DE.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:09 pm

Yes, but he claims that he played more than 50% of the snaps at DE, which technically makes him a DE. The NFL will probably look into it and analyze whether or not his claim is true.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:14 pm

i havent seen the ravens play that much but from what the Back Judge says, Suggs plays majority at OLB not DE
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm

From what I remember, he played a TON at DE last year.
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Bengals OT Stacy Andrews also has been franchised tagged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'   Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumored players that are getting 'Franchise'
Page 1 of 1