Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Empty
PostSubject: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:03 am

Wisconsin CB Jack Ikegwuonu (a second round projection) tore his ACL and might not get drafted now.

Quote :
Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports University of Wisconsin CB Jack Ikegwuonu (knee) suffered serious knee injuries while training Tuesday, Jan. 22. He suffered a torn ACL, a torn MCL and damage to his kneecap and will need reconstructive knee surgery, according to a source. It is unclear if he will be taken in the 2008 NFL Draft.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=271066
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:59 pm

if you were a GM would you take a 6th or 7th rounder on Jack
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:34 am

With the way surgery has advanced lately, I'd take a chance on him if i had an extra 6th or 7th round pick. The kid was good and while he might lose a step, he could turn out to be just fine. I mean if Willis McGahee can still play, then this kid should recover fine.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:14 am

Good point about McGahee, Davis7907.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:51 am

Davis7907 wrote:
With the way surgery has advanced lately, I'd take a chance on him if i had an extra 6th or 7th round pick. The kid was good and while he might lose a step, he could turn out to be just fine. I mean if Willis McGahee can still play, then this kid should recover fine.

Ya, that's why I would give up a 6th or 7th round pick for a guy who is a 2nd round talent (only 2nd round talent because of how deep the CB draft class is this year) and pick him up that late. I think it is a low risk, high reward situation, because a lot of 7th round picks don't even sign with the team or they get cut soon after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?   Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Ikegwuonu to miss 2008 season?
Page 1 of 1