Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Empty
PostSubject: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:49 pm

BROWNS

4th - 104 - ILB Beau Bell, UNLV
4th - 111 - TE Martin Rucker, Missouri
6th - 190 - DT Ahtya Rubin, Iowa State
6th - 191 - WR Paul Hubbard, Wisconsin
7th - 231 - DE/OLB Alex Hall, St. Augustine

I think the Browns had a solid draft considering they only had picks from Round 4 on. Beau Bell is a great value in the 4th round and could see some playing time in the rotation at ILB probably as early as mid-season. He should primarily play special teams his first year and get more playing time throughout the season and will probably be a major part of the Browns rotation at ILB. Rucker is a great TE, especially in round 4, and he and Winslow will create matchup nightmares especially with Edwards and Stallworth on the outside. He will help make the Browns offense one of the most scariest units in the NFL. Rubin is a great pick and will hopefully be able to be a rotation player his first few years in the league. He will learn behind Shaun Rogers and Shaun Smith at NT and has ideal size to play NT. Hubbard is a big, fast WR, but his hands are an issue. If he can learn to be more consistent catching the ball he could be a great #3 WR. Alex Hall, a tweener-type DE from a small division 2 or 3 school. He was a dominant pass rusher at the division 2/3 level and can hopefully develop his skills and become a good NFL pass rusher. Hall is a low-risk (7th round pick) - high reward type of pick.

DOLPHINS

1st - 1 - T Jake Long, Michigan
2nd - 32 - DE Phillip Merling, Clemson
2nd - 57 - QB Chad Henne, Michigan
3rd - 66 - DT Kendall Langford, Hampton
4th - 110 - G/T Shawn Murphy, Utah State
6th - 176 - RB Jarlene Parmele, Toledo
6th - 195 - G Donald Thomas, Connecticut
6th - 204 - RB Lex Hilliard, Montana
7th - 245 - DE Lionel Dotson, Arizona

I think Jake Long was a great pick and will help open holes for Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, but will also help protect whoever the QB is. I'm not sure of the Merling pick because I'm not sure where he will play. I'm not sure if he can transition to play OLB in a 3-4 or if he will bulk up to play DE. He is a good player but I'm not sure of Miami's intentions with him. Henne is a solid pick because he has the potential to be a good starter in the NFL. He can make the long throws but his short and mid-range accuracy is a concern. He could be the future at QB and has more raw talent than John Beck IMO. Langford is a good prospect coming from a small school. If he can transition to the NFL he should be a good player. I don't know much about Shawn Murphy, but taking O-Lineman is never a bad thing. The same goes for Donald Thomas. RB Jarlene Parmele has great size and speed to be a solid NFL RB, but he will have to be coached up in terms of transitioning to the NFL. I don't know anything about the other 2 Miami picks, but they are just a 6th and 7th rounder so they are boom-or-bust type picks. I like Miami's draft and I think they got good value for their picks.

BRONCOS

1st - 12 - T Ryan Clady, Boise State
2nd - 42 - WR Eddie Royal
4th - 108 - G/C Kory Lichensteiger, Bowling Green
4th - 119 - CB Jack Williams, Kent State
5th - 139 - RB Ryan Torain, Arizona State
5th - 148 - DT Carlton Powell, Virginia Tech
6th - 183 - OLB Spencer Larsen, Arizona
7th - 220 - S Josh Barrett, Arizona State
7th - 227 - FB Peyton Hillis, Arkansas

I like the Clady pick and I think he will be a good LT in the NFL. I think he has potential to be the best LT in this whole draft. Eddie Royal is a small WR, but he has potential as a slot WR and returner. Lichensteiger has enough talent to play in the NFL, but will probably have to sit and learn. Jack Williams has a great chance to be a dime package corner sitting behind Bailey, Bly, and Foxworth. Torain has potential if he can develop, and Denver has a way with developing RBs. Barret is a great pick in the 7th round and could be Lynchs replacement. I don't know about the other players they picked but they play positions of need for Denver, so I guess they are good selections, especially if they develop. I think Denvers draft was pretty good but I think they should have taken a different WR than Eddie Royal JMO.
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:39 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
BROWNS
BRONCOS

I like the Clady pick and I think he will be a good LT in the NFL. I think he has potential to be the best LT in this whole draft. Eddie Royal is a small WR, but he has potential as a slot WR and returner. Lichensteiger has enough talent to play in the NFL, but will probably have to sit and learn. Jack Williams has a great chance to be a dime package corner sitting behind Bailey, Bly, and Foxworth. Torain has potential if he can develop, and Denver has a way with developing RBs. Barret is a great pick in the 7th round and could be Lynch's replacement. I don't know about the other players they picked but they play positions of need for Denver, so I guess they are good selections, especially if they develop. I think Denver's draft was pretty good but I think they should have taken a different WR than Eddie Royal IMO.

I thought Denver had a decent draft until the last 4 picks. Clady, although not my favorite LT, will be a starter from day one, and a good one IMO. Williams was smarter, and protected Culter previously but Clady is more athletic, longer arms and comes form a zone blocking system. I was disappointed with Royal at first, but after looking him up I discovered he is a great receiver. Blazing speed, which makes him a great returner but the thing I like best about him is his strength. Very strong receiver, which will translate to a great blocking receiver ala Hines Ward. Lichensteiger will be a good guard in the future, maybe a center after he makes the transition to a playbook which takes snaps under center as opposed to the shotgun. He is a smart man, 4 year starter at BG who has good form. I question the pick of Williams. They could have gotten an ILB here, or maybe another DT. Bailey and Bly are great starters. Foxworth is a good nickel back, NE pursued him for a while in the offseason, and Paymah is a good dime back. I see Williams as depth initially, maybe a nickel back in the future if Bly can't live up to his standards, which would make Foxworth the new starter. Torian is a great player, who had an injury that made him drop this far. I like the tandem of Young and Henry, but Torian will be a star, mark my words. Hard nosed, single cut player who could thrive in Denver's zone blocking scheme. Carlton Powell is a bit small, but still of great value. You can't start at a school like VT for three years if you aren't good IMO. Larsen is also a great pick. Not the fastest or strongest in the weight room, but plays like it on the field. He is a a great run stopper, but from what I've heard he is 25. That could be a concern. And from what I think my be the best 7th round of any team in the history of the draft, Denver get's two players who will start in the league sooner than later and will be effective. Barrett got benched as a senior, but is physically skilled. I think he is one of the top three safety's in the draft, and I'm amazed he fell this far. Great talent, and a great steal. Hillis is also a great player. Blocked for McFadden and Jones, so you know he is good. Most rated him as the best FB in the draft, but Schmidt, who i think is the best, and Hester both got drafted before him along with someone else(can't remember who he was) Schmidt is the most traditional FB, where Hester is more of a TB and Hillis falls in between.

Overall, I love the draft. First one ever that I can remember where I loved so many picks. Clady, Torian and Hillis are all players that I think will start right away, with the others having tremendous upside. Also look for Denver to sign some good UFA's as in previous years. Some include Mike Bell, Rod Smith, Andre Hall, and Selvin Young, all who have started in previous years.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:57 pm

boy is there a lot of talented UDFA; Ali highsmith, erin henderson
, ezera butler, drrew radovich, adarius bowman, jonathan zenon...

miami signeed Hawaii WR Daveon Bess already.

Merling Should play OLB and i think will be a beast OLB. i think he will lose about 5-6 lbs and be around 265 and play OLB. i love the pick. henne pick was all right cuz we need more QB's on the roster. toledo running back is actually pretty good. i was just talking about him before the draft. trade lorenzo booker for him pretty much. i guess miami felt lobo (lorenxo booker) wasnt the right fit. we wanted a RB that can carry the ball many time instead of lobo, who you have to scheme for in the passing game more. we also got anthony fasano (TE Dallas) and there LB both for a 4th rounder which i loved. fasano will be the starter and i think he is really good. the LB we got was there 4th leading tackler last year (ILB) so he looks pretty good. we got a good OG, which they said he will be the starter or have a good shot at winning the psotion. we got depth at O-line and it looks GOOD. i think they said they are gonna start the line like this if everything works out okay:

Long, Smiley, Samtele, Murphy, Carey

(moved smiley to LG so they didnt have 2 rookies on the same side.)

What was up with St. louis taking DONNIE AVERY as the FIRST WR in the draft? horrible pick. i had him rated behind:
hardy, sweed, kelly, thomas, doucet, jackson...

im looking forward to see the UDFA everyone takes Smile

Last edited by The Referee on Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:44 am

I love the trade Miami made for Fasano and Akin Ayodele. Fasano was a second round pick two years ago if I remember right, so there is great value there. Ayodele is the better of the two though, and I think ultimatly he will fill Thomas' loss very nicely. He is a far better LB that Crowder. Ayodele was in Jax for most of his career until last year, where he was moved inside at Dallas, and he performed well. A great player and well worth 1/2 a 4th rounder.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:36 am

yeah, that was a great trade for Miami. They got Ayodele who will be a starter for sure, and Fasano is an underrated TE and could also start from Day 1 in Miami.

I'm also shocked about the WRs. Avery was NOT the best WR in the draft and St Louis probably could have gotten him in the 3rd round. I think it was a terrible pick from that stand point, even though I think Avery will be good in St Louis.

There are quite a few UDFAs that easily had Round 4 type talent. It'll be interesting to see where many of them go. I hope Phil Savage can find a few diamonds in the rough especially considering Cleveland only had 5 picks - and gave up a 3rd and a 5th in next years draft.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 am

Browns draft is looking pretty bad as of now though.
Bell is out with a knee injury and rumors were circling that he was maybe going to be cut in the preseason...hopefully it was just his bum knee.
Hubbard didn't see any playing time week one even though Stallworth, Jurevicius and Cribbs were hurt, that's not a good sign.
Rucker hasn't shown anything yet in preseason or in season opener.
Hall..the last pick is the only one to see PT and I think he's looked good especially for his age and how late we got him.
Rubin is too deep on the depth chart to see...only time will tell about all these guys though, too early to give out real grades yet.
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 pm

Clady, Royal and Hillis Start. Kerns, and undrafted P, is their starter as well. I think this class is awesome. Three starters from day one. Williams looked great, i expect him to be the nickel back soon. Torain and Powell are both hurt now, Larsen is a FB, and Barrett is on the practice squad. But this is a great draft, escpecially if the starters keep playing like they did on monday. awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft   Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Browns, Dolphins, Broncos Draft
Page 1 of 1