Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LSU Beat OSU in title game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

LSU Beat OSU in title game Empty
PostSubject: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 pm

#2 LSU has beaten #1 OSU in the national title game. two years in a row the buckeyes lose in the title game. LSU won 38-24
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Tressel cost them the game against Florida IMO. This time it just came down to the players. I think OSU's offense was too young and LSU's defense was too experienced, that was the difference.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Line Judge wrote:
Tressel cost them the game against Florida IMO. This time it just came down to the players. I think OSU's offense was too young and LSU's defense was too experienced, that was the difference.
I do think Tressel didnt call the best game but didnt cost them the game. I do think he is the best coach in college football, along with Pete Carol. The game went out of control on the first plya of the game, when Ted Ginn returned the kickoff for a TD and then Robiski jumped on Ginn in celebrating his TD and sprained his ankle. Ted Ginn missed the rest of the game. If Ginn had been in there the game would have looked alot different. The whole offense was built around spreading the field and Ginn was there guy to do that. They would have to keep two guys on Ginn (one CB and a S for the deep balls) and would help Gonzalez get open. With them losing Ginn, there offense looked horrible. Yes you do have to give credit to Florida's defense but you do also have to give credit to Brain Robiski for hurt Ginn too.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Line Judge wrote:

I agree. Ohio State made the same mistake in both games though. They stopped playing Big 10 football (running the ball) and tried to play more SEC football (passing the ball). Ohio State in both games had some success running the ball and they stopped doing it. However, Ohio States offense was not good enough last year though.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Yeah, the score MAY have been different with Ginn in there. But I don't think having Ginn in would make up the 27 point differential. Maybe a TD, possibly two, but not four. Florida flat out beat them. Just like LSU.

I agree with ya Atzinger, when OSU gets away from the run they really struggle. When they were relying on Beanie, they were rolling over teams. Keep it simple stupid! Especially since LSU was struggling against the run at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Line Judge wrote:
Yeah, the score MAY have been different with Ginn in there. But I don't think having Ginn in would make up the 27 point differential. Maybe a TD, possibly two, but not four. Florida flat out beat them. Just like LSU.

I agree with ya Atzinger, when OSU gets away from the run they really struggle. When they were relying on Beanie, they were rolling over teams. Keep it simple stupid! Especially since LSU was struggling against the run at the end of the year.

Example: Michigan...BURN!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LSU Beat OSU in title game   LSU Beat OSU in title game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LSU Beat OSU in title game
Page 1 of 1