Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Empty
PostSubject: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Link

Now that Rodriguez is coaching at UM, Mallett no longer fits the offensive scheme. Petrino is Arkansas's new coach, and he has produced some good QB's lately. (Ex. Brian Brohm, Stefan LeFors) Should be interesting to see how he does.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Ya but now Ryan Mallett has to sit out a year because that is a rule if you transfer schools. So he will be allowed to practice with the Arkansas team, just not play in their games.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:13 pm

If he sits out for the year, can Arkansas just redshirt him?
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:22 pm

Link

"...Mallett will redshirt during the 2008 season and then have three years of eligibility remaining."

By the looks of things, Mallett will be redshirting next year as it stands now.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Good move for Mallett with Carr now gone. However, I don't think Arkansas was necessarily a good choice. I don't think Arkansas is going to be a contender anytime soon, but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:37 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Good move for Mallett with Carr now gone. However, I don't think Arkansas was necessarily a good choice. I don't think Arkansas is going to be a contender anytime soon, but I could be wrong.
Ya but is Michigan? I don't think so. He had to go somewhere and they did end up playing real well at the end of the season. They do have a lot of talent there but they are losing a lot of talent though too.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:49 pm

I don't think Michigan will be a big contender either (at least until they get the spread offense installed) but I think with McFadden and Jones gone, and Petrino at coach, I think Arkansas is on the way down. I think Mallet could have transfered to a school that is more of a contender, I'm not sure who though. I think he made the right choice to transfer, but I don't think he picked a school where he has a chance to be a contender.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Petrino has had great success in college football though. I think that while the situation looks shady in Arkansas now, I believe my Mallett's last year they will be a contender once again. I would rate Arkansas ahead of Michigan for this upcoming year. Michigan is in total rebuild mode right now, so Mallett made a good decision. I thought he played good (for a true freshman) during his limited playing time last season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas   Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Michigan QB Mallett leaves for Arkansas
Page 1 of 1