Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Empty
PostSubject: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:18 pm

today miami has made there 1 overall pick jake long OT michigan.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:57 pm

horrible pick, they should have drafted Heath Benedict, he shows much more promise! Very Happy
Probably the best value pick for the #1 spot, I think Chris Long fits the best and would help more, but I don't know if he was worth #1 money. Good pick.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 am

I think Jake Long was the right pick because he helps so many more positions than Chris Long would have. Long will help protect Beck and open running lanes for Brown who was the best RB in the league last year prior to the injury and he did it with NO offensive line. Good pick by the Dolphins IMO.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

ya it is a good pick because of all those reasons atzingerb. now take a look at miami's o-line:

Long, ??? (LG), Satele, Smiley, Carey

that is a beastly line. carey is an awesome RT and satele is a beast C, and with Long's potential and a new LG/mormino(drafted last year) and smiley ronnie is gonna run all over defenses. our Off coordinator is a run heavy guy too.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 4:54 pm

I wouldn't call it a beastly line, but it's much better than what they have had. Satele and Long will make a great combo for the phins for a long time, but their O-Line is yet to be described as beastly. I would probably rank their O-Line in the middle of the league somewhere between 12 & 20.
Back to top Go down
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:14 pm

The o-line still isn't that great. I'd say Denver has about a middle of the road o-line

Ryan Harris, Ben Hamilton, Tom Nalen, Montrae Holland, Erik Pears, with Chris Kuper as the 6th man. I'd say thats a decent line, The three interrior are the best with the OT's being a second year player and a third year player, but all have experience except Harris. With that being said, I don't think Miami is any better off than they are. Miami has youth for sure, but IMO Long is nowhere near as good as Joe Thomas from last year. Carey should be good this year, he isn't a left tackle, thats for sure. Much better suited at RT. Smiley is on the decline, but Satele could be a Pro Bowler in the future. That still leaves them with a hole, so I can't see them being that great this year, but they are def. in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Davis7907 wrote:
The o-line still isn't that great. I'd say Denver has about a middle of the road o-line

Ryan Harris, Ben Hamilton, Tom Nalen, Montrae Holland, Erik Pears, with Chris Kuper as the 6th man. I'd say thats a decent line, The three interrior are the best with the OT's being a second year player and a third year player, but all have experience except Harris. With that being said, I don't think Miami is any better off than they are. Miami has youth for sure, but IMO Long is nowhere near as good as Joe Thomas from last year. Carey should be good this year, he isn't a left tackle, thats for sure. Much better suited at RT. Smiley is on the decline, but Satele could be a Pro Bowler in the future. That still leaves them with a hole, so I can't see them being that great this year, but they are def. in the right direction.

even if we slot Drew Mormino in at LG i see our line being really good this year. Mormino was a rookie last year and played great until he got hurt and was put on IR (with the rest of miami's strating line up. lol). Jake Long is a better run blocker than joe thomas is and miami hired a run happy off coordinator. so look for ronnie and ricky do do very weel, which will take ALOT of pressure off john beck. smiley is still a good RG and carey is a beast at RT (average at LT). And samson satele is a hoss. he will eventually be a probowler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT   MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIAMI SIGN JAKE LONG OT
Page 1 of 1