Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zach Thomas To Be Released

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davis7907
Rookie
Rookie
Davis7907

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Zach Thomas To Be Released Empty
PostSubject: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:05 pm

LINK

Miami has informed perennial Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas they will release him Thursday, FOXSports.com has learned.

Your thoughts? I'm very surprised, he and Taylor are the heart and soul of that team, as well as their veteran leadership.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:13 pm

I'm a little surprised but I believe its the right move. Maybe Thomas will just retire unless a team who is a contender goes after him.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:47 pm

I'm very pissed off right now. Zach Thomas has the most heart out of any player in the NFL. He still could be a great asset to his team. I just hope he retires now and doesn't go to another team. This is BY FAR the stupidest move Parcells has made. Zach Has played at a high level until he got hurt, leading the league in takles the last two years before the year he got hurt. I don't see the point for this move. We all ready have a ton of cap room, a ton. We are going to need LB's desperately now in this offseason. I would prefer that channing Chrowder wasnt a starter because he played horrible when he stepped in for Zach.
No
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins

PostSubject: Re: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:06 pm

once Zach Gets healthy he will be back to his dominating form. he currently has more takles than any LB in the Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:55 am

I think in the long run this was the move to make. This opened up even more cap space for them and the guy did have a concussion last year. I doubt he would have been the same even if he would have came back. It's hard to replace veteran leadership like Thomas provided, but they are rebuilding, and sometimes it's these hard cuts that make the most impact in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zach Thomas To Be Released   Zach Thomas To Be Released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zach Thomas To Be Released
Page 1 of 1