Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goodell to change playoffs seeding?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Goodell to change playoffs seeding? Empty
PostSubject: Goodell to change playoffs seeding?   Goodell to change playoffs seeding? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 4:32 am

http://forums.philly.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=kr-eagles&msg=69744.1&ctx=1
Quote :

Speaking here in his annual state-of-the-league address, Goodell revealed a potential shakeup to the existing playoff system that would allow wild-card teams the possibility of a home game.

In the early stages of Goodell's plan, which would require the owners' longshot approval, the bottom two division winners by record in each conference would go on the road the first week if they have a worse mark than the wild-card teams.
Quote :

"The focus that we'll probably give it in the short term would be to look at our seeding process," Goodell said. "What we'd like to look at is, if a wild-card team has a record that's better than a division winner, should that give the [home-field] advantage to the wild-card team?"
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Goodell to change playoffs seeding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodell to change playoffs seeding?   Goodell to change playoffs seeding? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 am

I'm in favor of this because then the better teams get the home field advantage. I don't think it will ever happen, if it's even possible, but I'd be in favor of if a second place team in some division finishes with the 2nd best record in the conference they should get a bye. I don't think that rule would ever happen, I don't think that scenario would ever happen - I'm not even sure if it is possible.
Back to top Go down

Goodell to change playoffs seeding?
Page 1 of 1