Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The #1 Site for NFL News on the Net!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Limas Sweed Hurt Again!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

Number of posts : 466
Favorite Teams : Miami Dolphins
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Empty
PostSubject: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:52 pm

Texas WR Limas Sweed (wrist) isn't expected to take part in February's NFL Scouting Combine.
Sweed aggravated the injury for a second time during Senior Bowl week practices. After an unproductive senior year, this can only hurt his draft stock.

Source: Houston Chronicle

This could hurt his stock a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://theredzone.forumotion.com
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

Number of posts : 247
Favorite Teams : Cleveland Browns, Boston Celtics, Ohio State Buckeyes
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:58 pm

I think he's a pretty good WR, but this will probably make him no more than a 5th rounder IMO. Hopefully he can be healthy by the time the pro days are held at Texas. I know I wouldn't mind Cleveland taking him late in the draft.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:03 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
I think he's a pretty good WR, but this will probably make him no more than a 5th rounder IMO. Hopefully he can be healthy by the time the pro days are held at Texas. I know I wouldn't mind Cleveland taking him late in the draft.
They are projecting him as a 1-2 round talent maybe a top 25 talent

Quote :
Limas Sweed, Texas
Height: 6-4. Weight: 212.
40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round: Top 25 Pick.
I've dropped Sweed a bit because it's quite apparent that his 40 time will really hurt him.

I have a feeling Limas Sweed's stock may slip come Combine time (see 40 time), but the fact remains that he's the top possession receiver in this class. Check out NFL Draft Dog's Scouting Report.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2008WR.php
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:10 pm

Yeah, but that was mostly from after his junior year. He's too slow and has been injured and I don't think someone will take him nearly that high. I think he falls to AT LEAST the 3rd round probably more. The upside for him is his size and I'm not sure that the WR class in the draft is that great.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:14 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Yeah, but that was mostly from after his junior year. He's too slow and has been injured and I don't think someone will take him nearly that high. I think he falls to AT LEAST the 3rd round probably more. The upside for him is his size and I'm not sure that the WR class in the draft is that great.
I really dont think this class is that deep at WR's. After the top few, Kelly, Hardy, Bowman, Doucet, Jackson...the class is kind of week. i think Sweed is a 2nd rounder, early third at worst. I'd take him with the third if I was Miami if he fell. I'd really like to get James Hardy though.
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:20 pm

Sweed just hasn't convinced me that he's a top notch WR. All I remember him running were streak routes and just jumping for the ball. I don't know if he can be a good route runner or have enough speed to get separation.
Back to top Go down
The Referee
Administrator
Administrator
The Referee

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm

AtzingerB wrote:
Sweed just hasn't convinced me that he's a top notch WR. All I remember him running were streak routes and just jumping for the ball. I don't know if he can be a good route runner or have enough speed to get separation.

He has decent route running abilities
Back to top Go down
AtzingerB
Rookie
Rookie
AtzingerB

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:24 pm

From what I've seen of him, he hasn't convinced me, however I haven't seen him play too many times. I think he has the potential, but I'm not convinced yet.

After watching the video, there is one thing that really concerns me. He was getting ZERO separation. He was still making the plays using his size, but I don't know if he can do that in the NFL if he can't get separation.
Back to top Go down
Line Judge
Administrator
Administrator
Line Judge

Number of posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 8:01 pm

I think he fits perfectly in to Tennessee. He and Vince Young go way back, and Tennessee is in dire need of a play making wide receiver. Really sucks to see these guys get hurt before the draft, it is good for teams with later picks though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limas Sweed Hurt Again!   Limas Sweed Hurt Again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limas Sweed Hurt Again!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: National Football League :: NFL Draft-
Jump to: